Skip to content
- Covid-19 page updateDear Member,
As I’m sure you’re aware the current Covid-19 outbreak has put some restrictions on
what we must do to continue using our flying site & remain safe. In order to comply
with current guidance & keep the field open for all we need to follow the additional
guidelines below with immediate effect. Failure to comply means the alternative is
we are restricted to 6 people from 2 households which effectively means only 2
people can attend site at a time.
I’m pleased to say It’s not an exhaustive list & followed correctly should have a
minimal effect on the enjoyment of our hobby.
I’d also ask as this page is very much a work in progress you check back regularly for
EKMFC Covid-19 Policy as at 10/10/20
- All members should familiarise themselves with the Scottish government FACTS
guidelines and follow them.
- The Covid-19 page on the club website should be checked for any updates prior to
- When attending site all members are responsible for having their own sanitising
supplies & must have as a minimum hand sanitiser & face covering.
- On arrival at field Hands must be sanitised.
- The Entrance gate must have any areas that are likely to be touched wiped with
sanitised before entering or exiting site.
- A Site attendance log must be maintained for track and trace purposes, so on arrival
and departure an e-mail must be sent to the Covid-19 officer firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject bar leave your name & arrived/departed as appropriate (Date and
times can be taken automatically from the email.)
- Benches are only to be used for setup/model maintenance purposes and model &
equipment moved to pits area upon completion (Social distancing to be observed)
- Max 2 Planes in the air at any time and pilots socially distanced at opposite ends of
the pilot stance.
- Hands must be sanitised immediately before/after entering/exiting Caravan
- Access to caravan is limited to the following
1. Removal/return of Seats.
2. Removal /return of Windsock
3. Removal/return of Grass box
4. Checking of Electric Fence Batteries