AS OF SUNDAY 14th MARCH 2021 THE CLUB IS NOW OPEN …
just a quick reminder of the new rules we have had to put in place
- Give way to any vehicle on the access road up to the farm
- Speed Limit on the stretch of track from dwellings to field is walking speed maximum
- No turning outside dwellings, if you need to turn, use the turning point at the field
- If you have to open a gate then close it behind you
- No fly zone as per attached picture to be strictly observed – absolutely no exceptions (Any Pilot nearing the no fly zone should take immediate action to avoid over flying regardless of what mode they are flying in)
- HAVE FUN GUYS ….
Covid-19 update 13/10/20
A new Covid-19 page has been added to this site. This page contains the club Covid19 policy which must be read & complied with before attending site.
Please Note, EKMFC are unable to facilitate access to our site for any visitors while
the current Covid-19 restrictions are in place.
EKMFC covid officer
PLEASE SEE OUR COVID PAGE
East Kilbride Model Flying Club was formed in 1985 and is affiliated to the Scottish Aeromodellers Association (SAA).
We are a small friendly club weather permitting a Sunday afternoon is the popular club day. Should you wish to visit or get more information feel free to contact one of the guys on the contact page and they`ll be happy to arrange things for you, DUE TO CURRENT RULES IT IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Our club caters for all standards of modeller and disciplines from beginners to full competition flyers. All types of models built and flown in the club range from simple chuck gliders, drones, electric and ic powered to gas turbine powered aircraft
If you are thinking of taking up the hobby then why not consider contacting someone on the contact page, we are happy to provide supervised training. We have our own trainer aircraft complete with ” buddy box ” dual control system you could become a member of our friendly club.